You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Frankpc

Thursday, July 22nd 2010, 9:02pm

Hunter Pro C No Display

The wife commented that she noticed the sprinklers didn't turn on today. They had been working fine since last July when you guys helped me design and install the system. It is a PC-300i with 2 ea. PCM-300 Series 3 Expansion Modules. Buttons and switch have no effect. Nothing I do picks up the valves. The ribbon cable is securely plugged in.

I measure 27 VAC on the controller terminals, which is OK. I've followed the procedure to reset the unit. Display is still blank. I installed a new 9v battery. Display is still blank. I unlocked and removed all three of the modules and the display is blank. I removed and reinserted the power supply each time I made a change.

I have pushed the buttons and turned the dial. No changes.

I plan to call Hunter tomorrow. I have little doubt but what the controller is bad. Wondering what to expect from the phone call. I know it has a two year warranty. Bought it from Sprinkler Warehouse. Is there any chance Hunter would ship a loaner controller to me? If not, and they have me send it in tomorrow, how long do you think I will be without a controller?

Is there any other test I should make? I would take it apart, but it is under warranty and the inside label appears to cover a hidden screw.

Is this a somewhat "normal" problem?

Thanks,
Frank

Update: Hunter sent a new controller to me. I then worked on the old controller. I discovered that when I put a new battery in the old controller, it worked normally.... for about 10 minutes. Then it would run the new battery down. So, the controller is worthless.

This post has been edited 5 times, last edit by "Frankpc" (Apr 28th 2012, 3:41pm)

Rate this thread