You are not logged in.

qu1xs1lv3r

Unregistered

Saturday, July 24th 2010, 10:59am

underground sprinkler leak

hi,

we have an underground sprinkler system that worked last summer.. we had it winterized and now its summer i tried to turn it back on.. but its just leaking.. i dont even know what part it is so i took a picture and i hope someone can make sense of it.. i tried to do a lot of reading and try to look for the parts so i can replace it myself.. but i have no luck doing searches.. can't seem to find the correct part..

here's the pic:

any help will be highly appreciated!! thanks in advance! also if someone can explain the parts in the picture? ahehe thanks!

HooKooDooKu

Supreme Member

Saturday, July 24th 2010, 9:10pm

That is your back-flow preventer... it protects your home water supply by preventing water in you irrigation pipes from getting sucked back into the house plumbing. This particular type of back-flow preventer is called a pressure vaccum breaker (PVB).

Beyond that, I can't tell you much more... I'm just a DIY homeowner that uses a different type of backflow preventer.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Sunday, July 25th 2010, 7:34am

Either there is debris in the PVB or there are rubber parts needing replacement

qu1xs1lv3r

Unregistered

Sunday, July 25th 2010, 12:56pm

That is your back-flow preventer... it protects your home water supply by preventing water in you irrigation pipes from getting sucked back into the house plumbing. This particular type of back-flow preventer is called a pressure vaccum breaker (PVB).

Beyond that, I can't tell you much more... I'm just a DIY homeowner that uses a different type of backflow preventer.

cool that makes sense now.. i finally figure out how to open it.. (the black thing).. and the spring came off so when the water was pushing up the bonnet (i think) wasnt making a good seal hence the leak!

thanks to this site i managed to fix it already without buying new parts..

thanks again!