You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Thursday, August 5th 2010, 5:10pm

rainbird ASVF 075, help!

i had a guy do my concrete so he disconnected my system. he ran a 3/4 pipe underneath the concrete and he said he shut it off.

so, now im trying to route new pipes and sprinkler heads, but first how do i turn this back out and do a test? the system is automatic and is only a few months old. i was touching and turning the 3 knobs, but all i get is water spraying from the valve.

i just want to make sure the guy didnt screw it up. he was gonna charge me $200 to install 3 heads and a 30ft. pipe. 8|

mrfixit

Friday, August 6th 2010, 4:29am

I"m taking a stab here. Maybe he meant he capped it off. You'll have to find the end of the pipe. It's possibly where it comes out from underneath the driveway.

Friday, August 6th 2010, 9:26am

the end is not even capped. its clogged with a little dirt, when i turned all the knobs counter clockwise, i little bit of water was coming out, but nothing w/ pressure.

Friday, August 6th 2010, 9:35am

what does each knob represent and what do i do to test the sprinklers? there all ready hooked up, but how do i manually test it? thanks.

Friday, August 6th 2010, 10:41am

okay, so i learned that no. 1 is the solinoid 2. is the flow control and 3. is the bleed. There isnt any sprinkler heads, just a open 3/4 pipe attached to the valves. if i want to manually test to see if there is a good connection, i turn the solinoid 1/4 turn counterclockwise and the should come out? if there isnt any water flow, should i loosen the water flow knob (no.2)? and what should i do w/ the bleed knob, or what is its purpose?

mrfixit

Friday, August 6th 2010, 3:21pm

Ok, he may have turned knob #2 off. That's the flow control. It controls how much water goes through the valve. You can turn it all the way off using that. Open it up all the way counterclockwise. Then turn #1 which is the solenoid. The valve should come on. #3's the bleeder screw. Open that up for a few seconds then shut it off. That helps get the air out of the valve. It will also turn the valve on. You wont have to use it again to activate the valve manually. Just turn the solenoid.

I see you have a filter on the valve on the left. I'm assuming that's a dripline. So from your question I'm going to assume your problems are with the valve on the right.

Rate this thread