You are not logged in.

tcpuccio1

Starting Member

Sunday, August 8th 2010, 2:18pm

Hunter Pro-C controller 1 dead zone

:?: I have a 3 year old Hunter Pro-c controller that has worked perfect up till last week. I have 1 dead zone which happens to be zone #1. Which is in the main module on the bottom of the controller. I switched the wires between zone #1 and Zone #2 and now the sprinklers that were on zone #2 doesn't work and the old #1 works fine. Before I stitched the wires at the control head I swapped control solenoids out on that valves and #1 was still dead. That is when I went to the indoor controller. I did check the voltage at the control valve while I was out there And It read 25.1 Volts on a DVOM when zone #1 was active but still didn't work. I am assuming that the issue is with either the controller or the module in the control box. How do I tell which is bad? I'm stumped as to why I have the proper voltage out at the in op zone and it doesn't work. Going back to switching the zones around in the head and now that one works and the other one doesn't. On top of that Does anyone know what the Warranty is on these units. I have all the paperwork but no where in it does it state what the warranty is on the unit. Is there a way to tell if it's just the module or the controller.. If it was higher up the zones I could just switch the modules and see what happens but it's in the bottom one and that one is different then the rest. This is configured to 12 zones and I am only using 11 I can always put the in op zone up on the unused one and be done with it but If it's still under warranty I might as well get it repaired before more go out.. Thanks in advance Guys/Gals..

Edit : 8-9-10

It did work when I switched the wires on the zones. I'm looking to find out if it's the controller it's self or the module that zone is connected to.. Right now I put that zone that was #1 on #12 and it works fine I did that last night and woke up this am and it worked fine.

Edit 8-14-10

The Company that installed it for me came out today and fixed it. The has a 5 year parts 3 year labor warranty on it. It wound up being the control head it's self that was bad. Thanks for the info.

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "tcpuccio1" (Aug 14th 2010, 8:07am)

mrfixit

Monday, August 9th 2010, 3:35am

The valve should have worked when you swapped wires from a valve you know works to valve number 1.

Here's your warranty.

www.hunterindustries.com/resources/pdfs/miscellaneous/domestic/hunterwarranty.pdf

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "mrfixit" (Aug 9th 2010, 3:43am)