You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Tuesday, August 10th 2010, 9:21am

Where to position spray head?

I am designing and installing an irrigation system for a client and there is a 15 foot strip of grass between the side of their house and the property line/fence. It is about 25 feet long. They want all spray heads and the customer is always right. I am getting 17' radius Hunter PS Heads, and my question is, should I put the heads in the middle of the strip and have them set on a 360° spray, or up against the house with 180°, aimed toward the property line. I do not think there is a possibility of mold growing on the house with the 360° spray, as the side the strip is on faces east. What do you all think?
Промывать Стратегически

hi.todd

Supreme Member

Tuesday, August 10th 2010, 11:51am

Not a good idea to put water on the house mold or not.

I would put the heads on the perimeter of the house spraying out towards the property and away from the house.

:thumbup: :thumbsup:
:thumbup: :thumbsup:

Central Irrigation

Supreme Member

Tuesday, August 10th 2010, 7:13pm

Ditto what Hi Todd said. Keep water off the house! Keep your spacing of the heads closer to 15' to avoid any gaps in coverage.

Fireguy97

Advanced Member

Friday, August 13th 2010, 12:50am

Exactly what Todd and Central have already said. Never spray towards a house. Head-to-head coverage spraying away from the house.

Mick
Irrigation Contractor

Certified Backflow Assembly Tester

Rate this thread