You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

rustyjrbaby

Starting Member

Wednesday, August 11th 2010, 11:45pm

Trying to replace a swing joint which is plastic - worn out

Hi,

I have a Rainbird 1800 pop-up sprinkler head - 4 inch tall. I recently tried to elevated by using a plastic add-on I found at Home Depot...$.39 each...I was successful in replace all but the last one. As you know both item are plastic (sprinkler head and the swing joint). As I tried a dozen 3 inch plastic riser, the swing joint kept getting more and more smooth...to a point where I can't even put back the pop-up sprinkler head since the swing joint is now smooth. The radius hole is only the size of the sprinkler head and around it has barbwire to prevent the moles from chewing up my lawn...so I would like to keep the hole minimal. Can you teach me how to replace the swing joint that's 4 inch deep and about 2 inch in width? Do I have to dig open the area to reach in and pull up the swing joint and replace it with a new joint? Is there a better way?? HELP!

Total beginner.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Thursday, August 12th 2010, 11:48am

so dig already - shovels are cheap