You are not logged in.

ufalco

Monday, August 18th 2003, 5:31am

valve

i just install a 4 zone srv hunter valve.i did not wire the valve or the controller.i open my water feed and open each valve manual and everything seem to work fine. however i ear water still running thru the pipe inside the house.i put my ear on the valve and it seems like water is going somewhere.i can swear that one of the valve is quite.i have not yet put any spray head on my rises. can someone tell me what is going on.do i have to wire the valve.all my pipes have been cover already.when i close the main feed the noise of running water of course stops.

drpete3

Supreme Member

Monday, August 18th 2003, 8:31am

Your message is a little unclear. Are you saying that while all of your valves to your sprinkler system are closed that you hear water running but when you shut off your main water supply then it sounds like it stops?
Thanks,

Pete

Rays Sprinklers

Supreme Member

Monday, August 18th 2003, 2:30pm

As Dr. Pete says the message is a little unclear....i think i know what you are saying though.....when you shut the valve water trickles still.......before you do anything...make sure all water in the house is off too. that way you are sure its the sprinkler system...if it is the sprinklers you have something in your valve keeping it from shutting....either dirt, grass or something else that was in the line....first make sure that the solenoid is shut and screwed in all the way...second..check that the manual bleed is completly closed...if all else fails...shut the main shut off valve. turn on a valve to release the pressure...then unscrew the (4) four screws on each valve and take them apart.....turn on the valve that controls water flow to the system and allow the valves to shut....the reason i say unscrew all of them is to make sure that the debris doesnt float to another valve.....once clear replace each valve, and try again....if that doesnt work you may have a damaged diaphram.. (rubber piece) ...you may wish to look at this too! Once done replace all parts and test......make sure when turning on the inside valve open it slowly to prevent fast closure and water hammer. .... Also check that the valves are facing the right direction....arrow facing out! (common and embarassing mistake made by many contractors) Let me know what you find...in the future (if you install another system) i would use the Irritrol 2400T Valve...found at Sprinkelr Warehouse.
Thanks
Ray
Rays Above and Beyond Automatic Lawn Sprinklers

ufalco

Tuesday, August 19th 2003, 3:34am

yes that is right.when i shut the feed to the springler system it stops.
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by drpete3</i>
<br />Your message is a little unclear. Are you saying that while all of your valves to your sprinkler system are closed that you hear water running but when you shut off your main water supply then it sounds like it stops?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

ufalco

Tuesday, August 19th 2003, 3:41am

thanks ray.i did make sure the was no other source of water use in the house. i will try your suggestion and i will let you know how it turn out.when you say selenoid you mean the eletric valve where the wire are comming out from.and manuel bleed is done buy turning this eletric valve by a 1/4 turn, right! or is there something else i don't see or understand. so to one of my original question the valves need not to be wire at all for them to shut off completly.
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Rays Sprinklers</i>
<br />As Dr. Pete says the message is a little unclear....i think i know what you are saying though.....when you shut the valve water trickles still.......before you do anything...make sure all water in the house is off too. that way you are sure its the sprinkler system...if it is the sprinklers you have something in your valve keeping it from shutting....either dirt, grass or something else that was in the line....first make sure that the solenoid is shut and screwed in all the way...second..check that the manual bleed is completly closed...if all else fails...shut the main shut off valve. turn on a valve to release the pressure...then unscrew the (4) four screws on each valve and take them apart.....turn on the valve that controls water flow to the system and allow the valves to shut....the reason i say unscrew all of them is to make sure that the debris doesnt float to another valve.....once clear replace each valve, and try again....if that doesnt work you may have a damaged diaphram.. (rubber piece) ...you may wish to look at this too! Once done replace all parts and test......make sure when turning on the inside valve open it slowly to prevent fast closure and water hammer. .... Also check that the valves are facing the right direction....arrow facing out! (common and embarassing mistake made by many contractors) Let me know what you find...in the future (if you install another system) i would use the Irritrol 2400T Valve...found at Sprinkelr Warehouse.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

drpete3

Supreme Member

Tuesday, August 19th 2003, 8:02am

No wiring required for complete closure.
Thanks,

Pete

Rays Sprinklers

Supreme Member

Tuesday, August 19th 2003, 1:55pm

Your issue should not have arrived because of the lack of wiring....try my other suggestions and let me know what happens....if the valve doesnt close manually it wont close electrically....by soleniod i do mean the part in which the wires are coming out of...and you manually turn it on and shut off with 1/4 turn!! I perfer Hunter Heads, not valves...due to problems like this...try my other suggestions and let me know how everything turns out!

Hope everthing turns out okay.....Where did you purchase the Hunter Valve??
Let me know
[8D]
Thanks
Ray

estrat

Wednesday, August 20th 2003, 2:12pm

You might take a look and make sure the arrow on the valve itself is pointing in the right direction, meaning it's backwards?

Rays Sprinklers

Supreme Member

Wednesday, August 20th 2003, 3:33pm

As Dr. Pete says the message is a little unclear....i think i know what you are saying though.....when you shut the valve water trickles still.......before you do anything...make sure all water in the house is off too. that way you are sure its the sprinkler system...if it is the sprinklers you have something in your valve keeping it from shutting....either dirt, grass or something else that was in the line....first make sure that the solenoid is shut and screwed in all the way...second..check that the manual bleed is completly closed...if all else fails...shut the main shut off valve. turn on a valve to release the pressure...then unscrew the (4) four screws on each valve and take them apart.....turn on the valve that controls water flow to the system and allow the valves to shut....the reason i say unscrew all of them is to make sure that the debris doesnt float to another valve.....once clear replace each valve, and try again....if that doesnt work you may have a damaged diaphram.. (rubber piece) ...you may wish to look at this too! Once done replace all parts and test......make sure when turning on the inside valve open it slowly to prevent fast closure and water hammer. .... <b>Also check that the valves are facing the right direction....arrow facing out! (common and embarassing mistake made by many contractors)</b> Let me know what you find...in the future (if you install another system) i would use the Irritrol 2400T Valve...found at Sprinkelr Warehouse.
Thanks
Ray

Rate this thread