You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

WIthbull

Saturday, October 16th 2010, 6:28pm

1 Solenoid Valve runs 2 different zones, I zone remains on

I have a 6 zone system with 3 solenoid valves. Each valve is double wired by prior homeowner. Recently after an electrical storm...all zones were going. All zones can be operated via of controller except zone 4 (the S valve also serves zone 1). Wiring/electrical has been checked..all ok. Zone 4 runs only when bleed valve is turned on.

Troubleshooting: Followed all advice on these forums..checked for debris in line. Changed bonnet, diaphragm, switched around solenoids....to no avail. SO went ahead and changed entire valve including valve body. Still will not shut off via controller. Funny thing is that the other zone that is operated from same valves works perfectly...so does the other 2 valves that are double wired. Also switched out ASV...did nto get a manual which was what was on it...only could find one that has a solenoid..but was told it can operate as an manual anti siphon.

When I turn on the bleed screw or turn the (unwired) solenoid on at the ASV...this zone comes on and will not shut off via controller.

PLEASE HELP! I am a 50 y/o menopausal woman that is about to hang her husband. I am the one trying to do this. His main concern is "where is my beer, where is my dinner and why do we need to fix this". Helloooo, we live in a deed restricted neighborhood that requires nice lawns. We do not have the $$ to hire out. I have dug 1/2 way to China to unearth the solenoids, I have racked my brain...and all I want is a fixed system and a bubble bath....oh and a sugar daddy would be good too!

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Monday, October 18th 2010, 6:13am

Lightning can fry everything electrical in a sprinkler system, including the wiring. Unplug the controller, and verify the mechanical operation of the system. Then test the wiring with a multimeter for shorts.

WIthbull

Monday, October 18th 2010, 8:37am

Thank You....will try that...maybe it will throw out the theory of ' an Open Zone means it is a mechanical problem and not an electrical'. :S

Rate this thread