You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

tomas21

Wednesday, October 27th 2010, 11:27am

Preferred valve Irritrol 2711APR vs. Irritrol 311A?

For a residential setup under 90PSI of static pressure producing 18-19GPM which valve does everyone recommend?

I'm looking to go a none Champion route to save on cost due to needing 10 valves.

Irritrol 2711APR
Irritrol 311A

mrfixit

Wednesday, October 27th 2010, 2:48pm

Go with the 311. It's an excellent valve. The only problem I have with the 311 is the threads in the ports. Don't use too much teflon tape. Go with 2 wraps or the male adapter will bind and the connection will leak.

The 2711 is also an excellent valve. I'm suggesting the 311 over this valve because of the 90 lbs and the high flow rate.

I've seen this valve split wide open a few times due to water hammer. The 311 shuts off slowly which will help avoid hammering.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Thursday, October 28th 2010, 1:38pm

the 2711APR is based on the original Richdel design - Richdel valves are repairable forever. Only one thing - if you have 18 gpm, then use the 2713APR, and get the best flow performance of any antisyphon valve.

Rate this thread