You are not logged in.

damifino

Starting Member

Friday, November 5th 2010, 3:16pm

Febco 765 leaking when using compressor for winterization

When I attach compressor to hose bib between water supply and Febco 765 unit, it leaks air preventing me from blowing out all zones. How can I prevent this? I have no blow out attachment after Febco unit.

Would using the test cock to blow out help. If so, would I use the upper or lower test cock.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Saturday, November 6th 2010, 9:05am

Try closing the valves on the 765 before you hook up the air. Build up pressure, then open the inlet valve. Then it will be safe to open the outlet valve and proceed.

AussieDad

Unregistered

Thursday, December 2nd 2010, 1:21pm

Same issue with the Febco 765

Hi
I have the same issue and regardless of what I do, I have taken the bell off and taken the poppet etc out and I cannot see any damage
I have the water out of the basement (turned off) coming into a draining cock (think outdoor hose) then up into the Febco then down into the zones. I have the a/c attached to the draining cock and have also tried spigot 1 and 2 on the Febco
I have a 4gallon A/Comp and regardless of what pressure (20psi to 50), the Febco makes this Buzzing noise and air leaks out and nothing with the zones.
When I initially attached it its started to blow out the open zone I had on then it stopped and thats when the buzzing started. Closed all zones and started again but nothing just the buzzing
Have I destroyed the contents or have I missed something

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Friday, December 3rd 2010, 7:04am

You missed the need for a real compressor - a 4 gallon unit is a complete fail

debo

Friday, December 10th 2010, 7:09pm

Try closing the valves on the 765 before you hook up the air. Build up pressure, then open the inlet valve. Then it will be safe to open the outlet valve and proceed.
Wet is correct. I close my BF ball valves, on my unions, before and after BF: then open valve before to "pop" poppet" then it will not leak..Then blow on the lines...easy