You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

jerry101

Starting Member

Tuesday, January 4th 2011, 2:40pm

new to forum have problem

i'm new to this forum and, don't know if this is the right secion, but my problem is : i have a wilkins pressure vacuum breaker on my drip system and it seems to be leaking from the canopy section, is this a hard fix for the average joe or do i need a plumber to fix, if i can do this repair myself ,what will i need to buy, :P and where can i order the parts ? thanks and have a nice day :P :) :) :) :)

Central Irrigation

Supreme Member

Tuesday, January 4th 2011, 9:49pm

Fairly easy fix. Assuming you have a Wilkins 720A? Black top cap with three screws visible?

Sounds like some cracked or worn out seals.

If so...Turn off the water and remove the screws and black plastic cap. Once removed, you will see a brass/bronze cover with three "sprires" in which the removed screws threaded into. Using your hands, unthread this threaded cap out of the 720A housing. Once removed, you will notice some plastic and rubber pieces inside. Pay close attention to the order in which they are assembled. Inspect all the red seals for any cracks.

Make sure and verify the model number before purchasing any parts. I assume it's a 720A, since it's the most widely used.

If you see any damage on your parts, order a repair kit for it. I'm sure they sell them on this site.

Rate this thread