You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

pteicholz

Starting Member

Sunday, February 20th 2011, 3:24pm

Hardie 311A-75 valve acting strangly (won't shut off)

This valve occasionally has not shut off properly. Last night, when I had turned the sprinkler system off, I heard a popping noise in the house and went out to find that this valve was intermittently letting water spurt out of the valve. I turned the small cross-shaped screw at the top and turned off the valve that way. It did not seem to change things. Then I turned off the water supply to the sprinkler system and that stopped the problem (no more water pressure at the valve). To me it looks like the solonoid is bad or there could be some dirt or rust inside the valve that is preventing it from working. Can you suggest what I should do?