You are not logged in.

Craig

Starting Member

Saturday, March 12th 2011, 6:46pm

Zones 7, 8,9, and 10 will not turn on. Confused...

Last weekend I tested all the valves on my Rainbird sprinkler system getting ready for the new spring/summer seasons. I found out that zones 7, 8, 9, and 10 all do not work. Initialy zone 1 when first tested had very low water pressure. There was barley enough pressure to open the sprinker heads. I quickly found the problem to be a broken irrigation pipe on the side of the house. I though possibly that also the lack of pressure from the broken pipe could be causing the other zones to not turn on. I repaired the broken pipe and ran another test. Zone 1 is now operating properly however zones 7, 8 9, and 10 are still inop. I located one of the 4 inop valves in the back yard (not sure exactly which zone it was) and was able to manualy turn on the valve. When turned on manualy, that zone all works properly. Unsure what to do at this point I grabbed my voltmeter and began checking for power to zones in the controller box. I found that as the controller ran its test and operated each valve sequentialy that power was present on all zone terminals untill reaching terminal or zone 7. From there forward no power was present at the terminals for the zones that are inop. Does this mean that the Rainbird controller may be bad? I have pressed the reset button multiple times with no change in operation. Any ideas? I would hope that underground wiring is not the issue as most of the whole system was rewired several years ago.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Monday, March 14th 2011, 8:36am

swap wires to check the operation of all the valves - prepare to buy another controller

mrfixit

Monday, March 14th 2011, 12:30pm

Is there a switch that says. 1-6, 7-12? Move the switch to 7-12 and test the terminals again. As far as your problem goes it could be a bad ground wire. I thought maybe someone turned the water off to part of your system but you said it worked manually at the valve.

Rate this thread