You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Bob Wilson

Starting Member

Friday, April 1st 2011, 2:07pm

added head now not enought pressure to drive heads

well system. added a new sprinkler to cover new plants. system does not produce enough pressure to drive heads in this zone. blocked it off and now all remaining are fine. need water in last head. how to accomplish? 1" PVC underground. my thought was to reduce PVC to 1/2" to increase pressure but everything i read says this creates friction thereby reducing pressure even more.

other 3 zones fine as well as this one as long as i have the last head blocked.

Mitchgo

Supreme Member

Friday, April 1st 2011, 5:56pm

everything i read says this creates friction thereby reducing pressure even more.

Absolutely True.

What kind of head is it? What size nozzle? What pipe did you use to extend the line to this sprinkler head?

If one head is able to reduce the zone enough so the rest of the zone doesn't pop up, then the zone installed originally is not working adequately as far as proper water output from the sprinkler heads.

You should split the zone. cut the original zone in half, install a new zone and add pipe to where you cut it. Then you can add your sprinkler head.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Saturday, April 2nd 2011, 12:50pm

Change the nozzles in all of the heads of the weak zone. If each existing head is made to use less water, that can allow for adding to the zone.

Unregistered

Monday, April 4th 2011, 9:45am

thanks

thanks for the info. i was afraid you would tell me to split zones. guess i'll try the head adjustment and see if that works, first. if not, spliting the zone means i call a pro as it involves a new master valve and new pipe. over my head!!

thanks again.

Rate this thread