You are not logged in.

jotts

Monday, September 8th 2003, 9:32am

Vertical versus horizontal installation

Is there any known problem with mounting an Irrotrol 2400T valve vertically?

My water line comes up from below and I'd like to mount a master valve on the same vertical water line just before the AVB which is a 90 degree, then the blowout valve followed by the zone valves.
Jon

Rays Sprinklers

Supreme Member

Monday, September 8th 2003, 4:16pm

Very good choice with the Irritrol 2400T....i wouldnt imagine there being a problem, but ....you could also put your AVB and the blowout, then the master and then the manifold, so the master is in the manifold, and no problems will occur with it in the verticle...(i have never done that) Let me know what you think
Thanks
Ray
Rays Above and Beyond Automatic Lawn Sprinklers

jotts

Monday, September 8th 2003, 6:14pm

Thank you for the quick reply. I like your idea and thought about that option after deliberating over how to winterize the master valve if it is upstream from the blowout. I then received the following note on this topic:

Jon,

You should mount all irrigation valves such as the 2400T in the horizontal postion. The valve closes by equalizing the pressure above and below the valve diaphram which lets the spring and gravity help close the valve.

It would work for a little while however after the valve spring weakened with time, the valve would no longer perform properly.

Steve
Sprinkler Warehouse

So since the manifold is now constructed, I will rethink and either go horizontal with the 2400T or purchase a 2600T which solves the 90 degree challenge.
Jon

Rays Sprinklers

Supreme Member

Friday, September 12th 2003, 11:12am

Excellent!
Thanks
Ray
Rays Above and Beyond Automatic Lawn Sprinklers

Rate this thread