You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

qhn

Monday, April 18th 2011, 9:53am

how many valve per zone

I'm having a pro repairing 4 zones that are not working. Possibly replacing the electric valves. My question is, there should be only one valve per zone, is this correct. Are there exception or reason to have more than one valve per zone. I only know the basic of sprinkler system as you can tell by my question.

Thanks for any answer.

hi.todd

Supreme Member

Monday, April 18th 2011, 4:22pm

Valve, Station, Zone are almost always meaning the same thing.

Except when the valve on station 1 is bad...

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbup:

There may be a master valve which is 1 additional valve that may come into play. You can usually tell by looking at the controller. The way be a wire connected to MV/P. If not, no master valve.
:thumbup: :thumbsup:

qhn

Monday, April 18th 2011, 4:57pm

Ok thanks for the reply. An off topic followup: $1800 repair cost for 4 zones, sound reasonable to you, seems really high to me. I'm in FL

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "qhn" (Apr 18th 2011, 5:02pm)

hi.todd

Supreme Member

Monday, April 18th 2011, 8:05pm

Did they find and repair the valve or did they redo the entire system. Is this residential? If the system is residential on a water meter, then it sounds like you could have flown me out from houston and put me up in a hotel for the week and still saved a little bit of cash.

4 zones repair or replace for about 150.00 each. I don't know all of the details. This is off of the top of my head.

:thumbup:

hi.todd

Supreme Member

Monday, April 18th 2011, 8:08pm

If they redid 4 complete zones that sounds about right.

Difference, find and locate replace valves. 4 160.00

Redo pipe, trench, cables, sprinkler heads. 4 1800.00

qhn

Monday, April 18th 2011, 10:35pm

Thank you very much Todd. You just confirmed what I already figured. Glad I didn't agreed to the work yet. It's not an all out refurbishment of the zone. Just to get it working again replacing the valves. I just wanted to give him a fair professional deal and avoid being taken. I'm a president of a condo association. I would have given him $600-800 for the job but not $1800.

Thanks again. :thumbsup:

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "qhn" (Apr 19th 2011, 7:58am)

qhn

Tuesday, April 19th 2011, 8:01pm

One more question, I was told those little green round covers are usually valves. Seems like there are one every 8-10 feet along the buildings, yet the timer only have 11 zone. Why would that be if there should be only one valve per zone. I'm a little confused.

Mitchgo

Supreme Member

Tuesday, April 19th 2011, 8:48pm

There CAN be more then one valve to a zone, depending on how it's wired. But not common

A lot of times I see septic tank systems use the round 6" pits as a lid for the blow outs.. So this may be what your talking about

qhn

Tuesday, April 19th 2011, 9:02pm

There CAN be more then one valve to a zone, depending on how it's wired. But not common

A lot of times I see septic tank systems use the round 6" pits as a lid for the blow outs.. So this may be what your talking about
OK, try not to laugh. Scentricon System-- I was looking at termite baits LOL! :D

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "qhn" (Apr 19th 2011, 9:21pm)

Rate this thread