You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

wsommariva

Supreme Member

Sunday, April 24th 2011, 3:19pm

Valve sequence matter?

Hi everyone,

I'm adding a valve to my current three valve manifold. The new manifold will have zones placed as follows: 4, 1, 2 and 3. Is this ok or must I have 1, 2 3 and 4 in a row? Watering schedule is: zone 1 then 2 M W Sa; zones 3 then 4 Tu Th Su.

Mitchgo

Supreme Member

Sunday, April 24th 2011, 3:20pm

It doesn't matter.. You can re-wire it to make it in sequence.

Your watering schedule doesn't make any sense...

The only time when you want to split days like that is if you are watering different hydrozones and are attempting to conserve water. Forexample- A front yard lawn full sun requires high water use because it's priority front yard, as well as full sun . This would probably need every other day watering schedule during peak summer

Vs
Your back yard shrub zone partial to full shade with native plants at the same time of year would only need a every 4 to 5 day interval watering schedule

Watering all your zones and just splitting the days up 3 times a week for the zones just doesn't make any sense..

Due to the fact that your homeowner, and that your system is not huge. I recommend to keep it simple, use 1 program with only 1 start time and utilize your water budget % feature through out the season

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Mitchgo" (Apr 24th 2011, 3:28pm)

wsommariva

Supreme Member

Sunday, April 24th 2011, 4:25pm

Thank you. So I must re-wire the valves, or ok as is?

Here's my logic . Zones 1 and 2 are for the lawn. 3 and 4 are for the flower beds. The lawn sprinklers hit some beds, so the split in days as to not over soak the beds.

All tentative, I'll see how it works. I like simple too.

I thought it rained all the time in Seattle?