You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Alex Rabinovich

Starting Member

Monday, September 15th 2003, 10:11am

Hydraulic hammer

I've been using Rain Dial sprinkler system of James Hardie Irrigation since 1996. For the last three years I've been experiencing what is called hydraulic hammer - when the last zone ends its operation, a hydraulic shock spreading over the pipes shakes my house. I had a shock absorber installed - to no avail. I tried to empty the system of water cutting off the main valve, turning on all the faucets, turning them off when water ceases running out, and turning the valve back on. It did not help either. I excluded the last zone from working - same result. Some people say I may want to have another absorber installed closer to the sprinkler system - the current one is about 10 feet away from the valves, other people say that the valves got unregulated and have to be readjusted or replaced. Any suggestions would be highly appreciated.
Alex

Rays Sprinklers

Supreme Member

Wednesday, September 17th 2003, 10:43am

In order to help what kind of valve is it? and what is your pressure? Normally Really High Pressure makes the valve SLAM closed and creates the shaking and loud noises in the pipes. JUst let me know the answer to those Ques.

Thanks
Ray
Rays Above and Beyond Automatic Lawn Sprinklers

Rate this thread