You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

sgenord

Monday, September 15th 2003, 11:39am

New Sprinkler System

I have been shopping around with installers to have a sprinkler system installed for my house. I do not want to do it my self, so I'm going with an installer. I have been inundated with information and frankly I'm getting overwelemed. Could some one please help me out here? I want the best products used on my system and every one I have talked to is giving me a different story. What are the best heads, valves, controlers, plumbing, etc...? Please help me, thank you.
Steven G

RVLI

Supreme Member

Monday, September 15th 2003, 4:15pm

My advice would not to be to shop around for the cheapest. The more you pay the higher quality you get. There really is no such thing as the best in the irrigation industry, it's just a matter of what the contractor prefers. I myself use Rainbird spray heads, Hunter and Rainbird rotor heads, Rainbird clocks and valves. Watt's backflow.

sgenord

Tuesday, September 16th 2003, 7:01am

Thanks RVLI. A lot of contractors have been pushing the stainless steel heads. Are these realy that much better than say a model just under the stainless steel? If they are better, why?
Steven G

RVLI

Supreme Member

Tuesday, September 16th 2003, 3:19pm

I use them only when there is sandy soil, but yes they do work a little better than plastic, when it comes to retracting back down.

Joseph L. Swinehart

Wednesday, October 29th 2003, 1:52pm

I agree with RVLI about Hunter and Rainbird being the best,
I would also like to suggest to ask to see some sort of plan (picture) on how your system will be put in and be sure to allow for growth , if you think you might, in purchasing you timer.

Remember it to have each spray/rotor to reach the next spray/rotor, this is called head-tohead coverage, some installer might not do this.

Good luck.

Joe S.

sgenord

Wednesday, October 29th 2003, 2:49pm

Joe,
Thanks for the advise, I can use all that is given to me. I like the idea for a timer with extra zones for growth. Thanks again...
Steven G

sgenord

Monday, February 23rd 2004, 10:51am

I have been shopping around with installers to have a sprinkler system installed for my house. I do not want to do it my self, so I'm going with an installer. I have been inundated with information and frankly I'm getting overwelmed. Could some one please help me out here? I want the best products used on my system and every one I have talked to is giving me a different story. What are the best heads, valves, controlers, plumbing, etc...? thank you.
Steven G

RVLI

Supreme Member

Monday, February 23rd 2004, 1:03pm

Heads....Either the Rainbird 5000 or Hunter PGP
Valves....Rainbird DV-100 or Irritrol 2400 (Ray)
Controllers....Rainbird ESP-Li series
Plumbing....Don't really know what you mean there?

Robbies

Saturday, April 24th 2004, 6:01pm

Heads- either Hunter I-20 stainless steal or toro super 700

Tom

Supreme Member

Sunday, April 25th 2004, 5:04am

#1 item of importance--------DESIGN

Rate this thread