You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Rollingball

Unregistered

Sunday, May 1st 2011, 7:48am

EZ Flo run times

I'm still learning the in and out of a EZ Flo.

I have here about 10 inches of loam soil and under that wonderful solid clay. Most of the yards are in full sun. I also have one would call a postage stamp for sq. Ft.

So what is the best way to run this system. A few minutes everyday. Splitting the one inch per week rule twice a week. Or one solid watering once a week?

Right now I split method with the injector at minimum. Just wondering if I'm over doing it and wasting materials such as the fertilizer and bio stimulant.

Mitchgo

Supreme Member

Monday, May 2nd 2011, 1:06am

I recommend an irrigation company to come in and audit your system

Generally for a homeowner it's best to keep your system simple
1 Program with only 1 start time

With that being said- Where i live a very general watering schedule is during the Months of May and June- an every 3-4 watering day interval and during the months of July and August - an every 2-3 day watering interval.

This of course depends on Hyrdozones and the Micro climates around your house ( Plant type, Soil type, Shade, sun)

It is generally better to water deeper, less often. The down fall to this is possibly run off from over watering . The idea is to split it up into a Cycle and Soak Method

For example- If a 4 zone system with 10 minutes of run time ran 3 times a week
I would split this up 2 or 3 times, instead of a full 10 mintues of run time- I would split it 3 times to a 3 ( or 4) minute run time over a 1 hour total run time

The down fall to this is if your zones are on a slope and don't have SAM heads installed this can cause extra run off.

An example programming if you want to get nice and detailed

Program A-

Zone 1 and 2 only

Run time 3-4 Mintues

Full Sun Zones and high priority front yard ( Because after all the whole point of a sprinkler system is to show off to your neighbors)

Start Time 1-6 AM
Start Time 2 -6:30 AM
Start Time 3- 7 AM

2 day water interval

Program B

Zones 3 and 4

Run time 4-5 min

3 day watering interval

Shade Zones and low priority zones

Start time 1 - 6AM
Start time 2 - 6:30 AM
Start time 3 - 7AM

Your controller SHOULD have stackable programming..
Programming can and should go even more in depth for properly watering

Rate this thread