You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

creation

Wednesday, May 4th 2011, 4:35pm

Can sprinkler head be shut off?

I have one sprinkler that is just spraying a bunch of stones where grass used to be and rather than remove it I was wondering if I can just turn it off.
I'm not sure of the make, but it's the kind that pops up from a little round base with a little screw on top.

Thanks.

seansy59

Advanced Member

Wednesday, May 4th 2011, 7:51pm

I am not a proffessional, BUT! Unless its a head with a built in shutoff, there is no other choice other than to remove the head and cap off the pipe, which is relativly easy.
I'm no expert..........YET! :D I just like to suggest things and learn... :thumbsup: See what the pro's have to say first.

Mitchgo

Supreme Member

Wednesday, May 4th 2011, 9:36pm

As long as there is a filter inside the nozzle you can turn the nozzle off by turning the screw down. It's best to do this while it's running. Usually about 6 revolutions will shut her off

Rate this thread