You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

datagrfx

Wednesday, May 4th 2011, 10:00pm

Zero degree (flat trajectory)

I am in need of a rotor type head (any mfg) that will throw a minimum 15 feet with a zero degree trajectory. Even the low angle nozzles 10 - 13 degree is too much. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Mitchgo

Supreme Member

Wednesday, May 4th 2011, 11:37pm

If a low angle isn't working then your design is wrong for the area you are trying to irrigate and more then likely you should re-design it to a different application

Take a picture , post it and i'll throw out some suggestions

datagrfx

Wednesday, May 4th 2011, 11:53pm

So you are saying there is no such thing as a zero angle head of any kind?

Mitchgo

Supreme Member

Thursday, May 5th 2011, 1:30am

There's pop-up spray flat nozzles that are pretty dang close to 0. I would say 1-3 range

Like I said post a picture.. you are probably going about this the wrong way

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Thursday, May 5th 2011, 6:58am

There is no practical use for a zero-degree sprinkler head, so far as lawn watering goes.

datagrfx

Thursday, May 5th 2011, 12:19pm

Thanks for all you suggestions. This is not being used for irrigation, it is part of a wild fire system. Thanks again.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Thursday, May 5th 2011, 7:22pm

if you mean fire suppression, you find a brass impact head

mattya802

Unregistered

Thursday, September 27th 2012, 9:26am

What would you guys recommend for a 2 ft x 40 ft strip if you're looking to use just one sprinkler then?

I can't seem to locate any 0 (or close) degree rotors. Are there any?

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Thursday, September 27th 2012, 2:54pm

What would you guys recommend for a 2 ft x 40 ft strip if you're looking to use just one sprinkler then?

I can't seem to locate any 0 (or close) degree rotors. Are there any?
No rotor works in a 2-foot wide strip. The only spray nozzle designed for a 2-foot wide strip only covers a 2x6 area.

Rate this thread