You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

EdC

Unregistered

Saturday, May 7th 2011, 11:25am

Value problem

System worked 100% a little over a week ago. Cut water source off to isolate system while trying to find something that could cause water bill to skyrocket. Concluded it was not sprinkler system, so open water to system and wanted to run throught the five zones in manual mode. Problem....after one week, zones 3 & 4 work just fine....1, 2, and 5 act as if there is no water. Any thoughts please?

Thanks,

Ed C.

mrfixit

Saturday, May 7th 2011, 2:01pm

It's probably the ground wire. Check the wiring at the valves.

Or, if 1 2 5 are in a different location than 3 4, verify there is water at the valves by turning one on manually.

EdC

Saturday, May 7th 2011, 4:14pm

Make that Valve, not value....more info

Thx Mr. Fixit....got more to the puzzle. Continued to "mess" with it. Got zone #1 to work...took some time, as if water had not reached that area. Don't think so...more like something mechanical that finally opened. Zone 2 and 4 still stubborn. I toggled the manual switch from "on to off and back again" many times. No joy. Do you still think it could be ground wire? Not sure how to check.

Thanks again....Ed C..

mrfixit

Saturday, May 7th 2011, 11:45pm

Nope I don't think it's the ground wire anymore. The valve should have come on when you flipped that switch.

Make sure the flow controls are not shut off.

Could be there's three bad diaphragms.

EdC

Monday, May 9th 2011, 8:40am

Thx again mrfixit....problem is over my head, will go for a local expert. Appreciate your time.

Ed C.