You are not logged in.

cbryan70

Unregistered

Monday, May 9th 2011, 10:17am

Toro Vision 1

I am a new homeowner and trying to get the sprinkler system up for the first time. On saturday I got all of the zones to work in manual mode. Yesterday I I could not get zone 2 to work. I could get zone 2 to work if I turned it on manually from the outside and did not use the vision 1. I also noticed I was having some water pressure issue on another zone that worked fine on satuday and had low pressure on Sunday, I seem to have gotten that corrected by doing it manually from the outside.

Any ideas on why zone 2 is not working?

cbryan70

Unregistered

Tuesday, May 10th 2011, 10:35am

update

Yesterday I did a full system run and zone 2 was now working but zone 5 would not come on from the control box. I also figured out that my febco 765 seems to be leaking from the top. I see that there are some rebuild kits online for these, is that what I would need to do? If that is the case how extensive is the rebuild?

cbryan70

Unregistered

Tuesday, May 10th 2011, 11:00am

After doing some reading from an old thread it looks as though I may have done the start up procedure incorrectly. When I turned the water on for the first time this year the two valves on the febco were open. Should I try to turn the water on with both valves closed and then turn on the lower valve and let the system fill and then open the top valve?

Any advice is appreciated. This is a great forum with ALOT of great information.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Tuesday, May 10th 2011, 1:23pm

the same advice for opening systems with a PVB still applies

cbryan70

Starting Member

Tuesday, May 10th 2011, 8:52pm

I tried to start the system up the correct way and the febco is still leaking. It looks like I will be ordering a rebuild kit. There are two seperate types is the OEM better then the blue...something or another cant remember the last part?

Also all the zones worked fine today? With the zones working when they want would this be a control box going out?

One of my zones also seems to take a long time to get enough pressure to raise all of the heads....generally I end up helping one of the heads up and then all the rest will follow. Is there a way that I can up the pressure a bit to one of the zones or could this be one of my solinoids going bad? The heads will pop if I turn the zone on manually.

Rate this thread