You are not logged in.

Healey

Starting Member

Monday, May 16th 2011, 7:54am

Limited flow from heads on 2 of 4 zones

Dedicate pump has ~ 25 PSI for sprinkler system. All worked great until 2 weeks ago. Two weeks ago, one zone with small non-rotating heads (1/2 circle), had limited water coming from the heads (5 total heads on zone), i.e., spirting on some of the heads, not enough pressure to push all the heads up and provide adequate coverage. This week, in addition to the one zone, another zone, again with non-rotating heads, has the same problem. The zones with rotating heads seem to be working fine. I found the first (not sure how this system is set up) selenoid/valve coming from the contol box, but am not sure why there is only one round box. Any thoughts on problem and how this system may be set up. Only have 4 zones for house.

Mitchgo

Supreme Member

Sunday, May 22nd 2011, 10:55pm

Could be a number of issues

Some ideas come to mind

* Broken sprinkler fittings ( Marlexs) on these zones that are robbing the pressure/ and or pipe breaks. >>> Turn the zones on and walk around the zone and all the sprinkler head- look for breaks

*You turned the flow controlles by accident down when you found the valves

*Pump isn't working properly--- 25 psi supply for a sprinkler system really isn't enough.. I mean it takes like 15-20 psi just to open the valve.. Factoring in psi loose due to friction.. You are not getting 25 psi at your sprinkler heads... more like 10 or 15

hi.todd

Supreme Member

Monday, May 23rd 2011, 9:23pm

You may also have trash in the line that rotors are better for flushing out than sprays. Sprays clog easily. Is there a filter on the pump? What is the supply a lake? Is there a filter on it? :thumbup:
:thumbup: :thumbsup:

Rate this thread