You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

sspricee

Unregistered

Tuesday, May 24th 2011, 2:56pm

Old home - old sprinkling system

Hi,

We just purchased an old (vintage 1922) home that has been periodically renovated. Don't know how long the sprinkling system has been in the state it's in. Being a sprinkling system novice, I'd like to know where to begin to check the system - also a couple of the sprinklers are broken and one is dislodged and was broken at the screw-on connection (the pvc being broken - not the sprinkler). It has a controller and it looks like it might be okay. I haven't tested the system yet - I need A..B...C.... directions for what to do to begin this "project". Also, the system is the only outside water we have. There is no outside faucet, so, we need to find a way to water our lawn as soon as it stops raining here in Salt Lake. Please give me an idea on where to start and what you think I can do myself. I am somewhat handy, but sprinking systems is not my cup of tea. Thanks, Steve

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Tuesday, May 24th 2011, 4:56pm

Read read read - use the search engine - study up, then you can post less all-encompassing questions. Take photos of the sprinkler system. They can help.

Mitchgo

Supreme Member

Tuesday, May 24th 2011, 10:09pm

www.irrigationtutorial.com

I recommend to get a pro sprinkler company out and have them walk through the system with you.. Then they can explain and teach you things about your system.

It's worth it to spend a few hours out there with them... Go go spend the $100-200 to do it.. It will save you so much hassle in the future

Rate this thread