You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

ybuy

Wednesday, May 25th 2011, 10:54am

Has water but no pressure

My neighbors system works and we share the same well. I turned my system on this year and too my surprise water comes out of the sprinklers all at the same time. The control box is not set to manual, it's set to off. Water just comes out of the ones that are close to the valves and the ones that are furthest down hill. I try to set my system to manual and get specific stations to turn on but they don't. I hear what sounds like power turning on the valves but nothing causes the stations to run by themselves. They all just run at the same time. What could be wrong with my system? Any help please...

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Wednesday, May 25th 2011, 12:15pm

Low pressure can mean the zone valves won't be able to effectively shut off - if the valves have flow controls, you throttle them down.

Mitchgo

Supreme Member

Wednesday, May 25th 2011, 10:03pm

Did your system get winterized last season by a company? It's possibly manually turned on the valves to blow out and didn't turn them off. Check your physical valve and make sure they are shut tight ( solenoid and bleed screw/switch)

ybuy

Saturday, May 28th 2011, 3:00pm

i closed the valves

So I took your suggestion and closed the valves. I left one open and all the rest off. Water sprays out of that one but doesn't need the control box to work. I guess I could go manually turn on each one one at a time, but that will take too long and defeat the purpose of having an automatic sprinkler system. I swapped out the battery in the control box and that didn't work. SO what do you think... a faulty box, faulty wiring at the valves, or possible wire cut? However, when the main box is on and trying to control the valves, I do hear a sound like it's attempting to turn on the valves coming out of the valve box. When the control box is off the valves no longer make noise. Any ideas? Thanks for your feedback as well.

timbo1

Thursday, June 2nd 2011, 12:04pm

YBUY

All valves need to be shut off. You mentioned you left 1 zone on. why? If you leave a zone on and the clock fires a different zone there will not be enough pressure to fire either zone. All zones should be shut down on the valve. If you still have a problem with your clock firing the zones in cycle let me know. 8)

Rate this thread