You are not logged in.

Raimeiken

Unregistered

Sunday, June 5th 2011, 2:40pm

I forgot to add in that I have 2 of these installed

one on each valve. It's a drip manifold that splits the connection into 8.

on one of the valves, the pressure was so great that it blew out 2 of the unused/closed connections on the manifold. So I figured maybe the pressure is too strong, so I installed a pressure regulator on both of them and now that's fixed, but the pulsating still occurs after the pressure regulator was installed.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Sunday, June 5th 2011, 4:58pm

Maybe you have to reduce the pressure upstream of the system

Raimeiken

Unregistered

Monday, June 6th 2011, 11:33am

Looks like I've fixed the problem...hopefully it doesnt come back.

What I did was I tried switching the solenoids around from the zones that are working properly and that didn't seem to do the trick. So I placed the solenoids back to where they were and I opened up the diaphragms and swapped those around as well. So like, zone 1 & 2 are the good ones and zone 3 & 4 were the bad ones. I swapped 1 & 3 around and 2 & 4. And that did the trick! no more pulsating on all the valves!

What I noticed is that when I was removing the diaphragms from the bad ones that they just easily lifted off, while the 2 good ones had a little resistance to them like they were air tight or sucked into the valve. So when I was switching them around, I gave them all a push into the valves and really tightened up the covers.

So far none of the valves are pulsating. I'll update in a few days if this problem happens again.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Monday, June 6th 2011, 10:27pm

valve diaphragms are part of the equation, when it comes to this sort of oscillation - changing them can be a cure - sometimes

Raimeiken

Unregistered

Tuesday, June 7th 2011, 12:03am

welp that didn't last long. When the valve started tonight as scheduled, the pulsating started again :cursing:

So now it's not a solenoid problem nor a diaphragm. Then what could it be?

Raimeiken

Unregistered

Tuesday, June 7th 2011, 12:30am

Ok this is really puzzling. Now the 4th valve just turned on and it's not pulsating, which is good, but why is the 3rd one still doing it? ?(

Mitchgo

Supreme Member

Tuesday, June 7th 2011, 7:36am

i still say there's a shut off somewhere that's not fully open

That's pretty much the only time I ever get pulsating from a valve. I service 1000's of systems . Start checking your crawl space