You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

jtk047

Wednesday, June 8th 2011, 9:54pm

Baseball Field Design

Hey guys, new to the forum. I have enjoyed reading the posts.

I have designed a irrigation plan for a baseball field, just wanted to see if i could get some comments on the coverage. I have a 2 inch meter with 80 psi static pressure. Planning on putting down a 3 inch main line and the rest will be 2 inch, maybe sized down to 1.5'' in some areas depending on the gpm needed. Planning on using hunter or rainbird rotors. Ideas on which ones are the best would be great. Falcons? I-35, I-40, I-60? The falcons are just so inexpensive compared to the hunter rotors. Just wanted to know if there was any drop in quality. i have designed the system with the sprinklers throwing 55 to 60 feet. Any feedback would be great. Thanks

Sorry if the quality is not very good, had to size it down
jtk047 has attached the following file:

Mitchgo

Supreme Member

Thursday, June 9th 2011, 1:27am

Well...

Someone with this kind of responsibility on their hands should already know what they are doing and they SHOULD NOT be on a forum asking how to do it!!!!!!!!!!!!.. So if you do this.. Don't EF it up!

Check out Hunter's Design Guide for Baseball Fields It has plans from I20's to I-60's

hi.todd

Supreme Member

Thursday, June 9th 2011, 6:04pm

Concur with Mitchgo, and the coverage in the outfield is poor.

:thumbsup:
:thumbup: :thumbsup:

HooKooDooKu

Supreme Member

Friday, June 10th 2011, 11:22am

Yea, what they said...

You're taking on a HUGE task. I know how much difficulty I had just trying to design and install an irriagation system for my front lawn. But what you are undertaking is a whole new level of difficulty.

Add to that the fact you don't appear to understand the basic irrigation principle of head-to-head coverage, you need to either look for an irrigation contractor, or do a whole lot more reading on the subject.

If you really want to do this yourself, I suggest the following reading in addition to the Mitchgo's suggested reading:
Irrigation Tutorials dot COM
Hunter General Irrigation Design Information

jtk047

Saturday, June 11th 2011, 8:30am

Wow, I am getting reamed. In triangle spacing you do not need head to head coverage, only 60-65% of the diameter. I am sure some of the sprinklers are not exactly that, that comes down to a money issue a small high school has. I actually know a little bit about this because i do have a degree in irrigation design. I was just wanting some info on the rotors and even if this coverage would work. I could add 5 to 6 more rotors in the outfield but that is another $500 they dont have. Thanks for all the constructive criticism.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Saturday, June 11th 2011, 10:21am

Unless the water is free (and it never really is) you design for maximum coverage uniformity, even at the cost of additional heads, the cost of which comes back in water savings

jtk047

Sunday, June 12th 2011, 9:06pm

Thanks boots

Rate this thread