You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

scubat

Thursday, June 9th 2011, 8:38am

Zone not shutting off

Hello. One of my zones remains slightly on throughout the 3 zone cycle. I messed with all three control valves in the irrigation box in the ground to try and adjust it but I was not sure which way to turn them or if that was even related to the problem. Could it be the manifold? Any ideas? My control unit is a Rainbird ESP-4 and it looks like I have 3 Rainbird DV/DVF Valves. Thank you.

hi.todd

Supreme Member

Thursday, June 9th 2011, 6:25pm

You need to try to tighten not overtighten your solenoids. Turn the firmly righty. Check your bleed screws for tightness. If this does not help you will need to either get into the valve or cut it out and put in a new one. But if you are not sure about how to tighten a solenoid (may want to read manuals or call somebody). In this market it sounds like a repair of 150.00ish.

Or you can try your self and save some coin!
Good Luck
:thumbsup:
:thumbup: :thumbsup:

scubat

Sunday, June 12th 2011, 6:55pm

Thanks for the advice. I adjusted the solenoids and it is now working properly.
You need to try to tighten not overtighten your solenoids. Turn the firmly righty. Check your bleed screws for tightness. If this does not help you will need to either get into the valve or cut it out and put in a new one. But if you are not sure about how to tighten a solenoid (may want to read manuals or call somebody). In this market it sounds like a repair of 150.00ish.

Or you can try your self and save some coin!
Good Luck
:thumbsup:

Rate this thread