You are not logged in.

seansy59

Advanced Member

Sunday, June 19th 2011, 3:36pm

What brand valves are these

What brand valves are these/model if anyone knows. I am doing some work for a neighbor and need to find out the brand of these (just a curiousity). I would love to know without having to stick my head into the spider/slug infested box.

Also, I take it the "bleed" valves are the little valves/knobs on the top of the solenoid. I need to replcace some heads too, so this will prevent me from having to run back/forth to the timer to flush the lines out/test the system.

I'm no expert..........YET! :D I just like to suggest things and learn... :thumbsup: See what the pro's have to say first.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Sunday, June 19th 2011, 5:15pm

that's a Toro 250/260 series valve - just be aware that the closing speed on these valves is extremely slow, when you use the manual bleed.

seansy59

Advanced Member

Sunday, June 19th 2011, 8:27pm

Thankyou for your replies!

Quoted from Wet_Boots:

"just be aware that the closing speed on these valves is extremely slow, when you use the manual bleed. "

How long would that be? 5 min, 30 sec, 2 min? I know my toro valves take about 10-20 sec to close when I use the bleed valve.

My neighbor also asked about sprinkler heads. He told me to use the same ones he had in his exsisting system which are old toro singlestream rotors. I told him they were old and did not sell them anymore. I said they have the Toro Prostream XL's that are in the store at HomeDepot now as the newer version of the singlestream's. Do you know if these are good? I have to buy from Lowe's and HomeDepot right now as it is too much to be ordering online right now and having to wait. They want them put in now.

There's really only 2 choices to choose from right now from the stores. Orbit Voyager II and Toro Prostream XL. :cursing:

I know neither are great, but what do you think I would have more luck with and last a few years (or minutes)? :rolleyes:
I'm no expert..........YET! :D I just like to suggest things and learn... :thumbsup: See what the pro's have to say first.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Monday, June 20th 2011, 6:36am

Toro 250 valves are in a league of their own when it comes to closing slowness from a manual bleed. Unless the garage is hundreds of feet away, run the system with the controller, and save time. Or time them, and see for yourself.

If the Orbit Voyager heads are the relabeled PGPs, they will be the superior choice, but I often replace Toro with Toro, since that usually lets me swap heads as easy as changing lightbulbs.

seansy59

Advanced Member

Monday, June 20th 2011, 4:17pm

Thanks! The controller is way down in the basement. So Im not sure what i'll do yet. I shall see. :)

Rate this thread