You are not logged in.

Kikz

Friday, July 1st 2011, 12:25pm

Bad wiring..one zone won't start

Hello guys,new to this forum but been a lurker since 3 months ago,my friends garden has 8 zones and all are working fine except zone 6 now after few days of troubleshooting,we found out that a wire connected to the solenoid is loose,on manual run,it won't start but if we touch the wire and kinda push it little bit,a click is heard and the zone will start,we are both new to this so we both have no idea,is it possible to reconnect the faulty wire and solder it?or we have to replace the solenoid?thanks a lot....

Mitchgo

Supreme Member

Friday, July 1st 2011, 1:41pm

What kind of valve, care to take a picture?

There's only one kind of solenoid where you push the wires in to make the connection.. It's a horrible valve and solenoid

Sounds like you should just replace the solenoid to the valve and re-wire up the connections.

Kikz

Friday, July 1st 2011, 4:25pm

What kind of valve, care to take a picture?

There's only one kind of solenoid where you push the wires in to make the connection.. It's a horrible valve and solenoid

Sounds like you should just replace the solenoid to the valve and re-wire up the connections.

I don't know the exact brand of the valve but it's quite similar to this one..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCDKA5zD1Uw&feature=related

There are 2 wires that i think is not tough enough,i am very sure that the wires are the ones causing the problem because it runs when i push the wires,so this one cannot be soldered?

Mitchgo

Supreme Member

Friday, July 1st 2011, 9:23pm

If it's right at the base of the solenoid then no.. you will need to replace it

If anywhere else in the wiring than you can re-splice and install a weatherproof wire connector

Rate this thread