You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

ncampbel

Starting Member

Friday, July 1st 2011, 2:15pm

Weathermatic Smartline SLW10 Weather Monitor Toubleshooting

I bought the weather monitor along with a Smartline SL1600 Controller a few years ago and finally installed them last year and I had everything working perfectly. When I activated the weather monitor this year the antenae icon correctly flashes for five minutes like it should telling me it has established new contact, but then half of the icon representing the radio waves dissapears leaving the lone antenae icon solid.

The manual makes it sound like after the five minutes the entire icon should stay solid rather than the radio waves dissapearing to tell me it has recieved communication from the weather monitor in the last five days.

All other tests indicate that it is working correctly.

My question is- should the antenae icon along with the part of the icon representing the radio waves stay solid or is it normal for a portion of the icon to dissapear after activation?

Thanks in advance for your comments, Nate

Mitchgo

Supreme Member

Friday, July 1st 2011, 9:20pm

That is normal.

The weather station isn't constantly sending data out. That would kill the battery . unless the 10 is the wired version ( I think it is ) still, it's not constantly sending data back and forth

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Mitchgo" (Jul 2nd 2011, 1:26pm)

Rate this thread