You are not logged in.

seansy59

Advanced Member

Tuesday, July 5th 2011, 9:06pm

Missing sprinkler head

Well, this one is goin' to stump everyone. I am pretty good with sprinkler systems, in fact, I have answered some of peoples questions on here successfully. Anyway...........

I put this system in a few months ago all by myself. I know where everything is, pipes, heads, the operation of it even with my eyes closed.

I had the system off for about a week because the lawn has been pretty green and hasn't needed water. When I turned it on, ran through the zones, I notice one head did not pop up. Walked over to where it was thinking maybe it was just stuck, and it was literally GONE! The area was not even wet! I buried the pipes only about 6"-12" deep, and the head was level to the ground. The other 2/3 heads were working fine with great pressure. Can someone really tell me what happened? I am really really really speachless of what happened. It really did "dissappear"!! ?( ?( I poked around the area, in fact I knew exactly where every head was, and I can't find it! No water, no head, no sound!

HELP! 8|

I l
I'm no expert..........YET! :D I just like to suggest things and learn... :thumbsup: See what the pro's have to say first.

seansy59

Advanced Member

Thursday, July 7th 2011, 6:31pm

Nevermind!

I really wished I had taken a picture to show what moles/groundhogs can do! :cursing:

I started digging around where I knew where the pipe was, and it went down about 1' 1/2 underground. Keep in mind I only buried the area of pipe about 6"-8".

The pipe and sprinkler were pulled under the ground and chewed!

The poly was kinked. Thats why there was no water. 1 hour later, it was fixed. Cut the chewed pipe. Reused sprinkler, and buried. Groundhog gone too!! :thumbsup:
I'm no expert..........YET! :D I just like to suggest things and learn... :thumbsup: See what the pro's have to say first.

Rate this thread