You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

seansy59

Advanced Member

Tuesday, July 5th 2011, 9:06pm

Missing sprinkler head

Well, this one is goin' to stump everyone. I am pretty good with sprinkler systems, in fact, I have answered some of peoples questions on here successfully. Anyway...........

I put this system in a few months ago all by myself. I know where everything is, pipes, heads, the operation of it even with my eyes closed.

I had the system off for about a week because the lawn has been pretty green and hasn't needed water. When I turned it on, ran through the zones, I notice one head did not pop up. Walked over to where it was thinking maybe it was just stuck, and it was literally GONE! The area was not even wet! I buried the pipes only about 6"-12" deep, and the head was level to the ground. The other 2/3 heads were working fine with great pressure. Can someone really tell me what happened? I am really really really speachless of what happened. It really did "dissappear"!! ?( ?( I poked around the area, in fact I knew exactly where every head was, and I can't find it! No water, no head, no sound!

HELP! 8|

I l
I'm no expert..........YET! :D I just like to suggest things and learn... :thumbsup: See what the pro's have to say first.

seansy59

Advanced Member

Thursday, July 7th 2011, 6:31pm

Nevermind!

I really wished I had taken a picture to show what moles/groundhogs can do! :cursing:

I started digging around where I knew where the pipe was, and it went down about 1' 1/2 underground. Keep in mind I only buried the area of pipe about 6"-8".

The pipe and sprinkler were pulled under the ground and chewed!

The poly was kinked. Thats why there was no water. 1 hour later, it was fixed. Cut the chewed pipe. Reused sprinkler, and buried. Groundhog gone too!! :thumbsup:
I'm no expert..........YET! :D I just like to suggest things and learn... :thumbsup: See what the pro's have to say first.

Rate this thread