You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

VickG

Unregistered

Saturday, July 9th 2011, 5:35pm

Skipping the seasonal turning on of the sprinkler system.

Hello,
We are in the process of switching our sprinkler system guy. But because it has been raining so much we kept putting of the turning on of the sprinkler system. It is still in the "winterized" state. Is it okay to leave the system dormant for this whole season, or is it some sort of a best practice that the system be turned on once every year?
Thanks.

servicetechMA

Advanced Member

Saturday, July 9th 2011, 6:14pm

it really doesnt make a big difference,the only thing,is stuff accumulates and then you have a bigger bill,if you had 3 broken heads this year,youll obv have those 3 plus any others that may get plowed, chopped,or jammed over the dormant period. other than that im not aware of any harm not using it would cause. i wouldnt recommend it over $75 though.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "servicetechMA" (Jul 9th 2011, 6:41pm)

VickG

Unregistered

Sunday, July 10th 2011, 9:51am

Skipping the seasonal turning on of the sprinkler system.

Thanks, servicetechMA, for your response. It's nice to know that I don't have to base this decision on anything other than whether my lawn needs irrigation or not...

servicetechMAhekiro

Unregistered

Sunday, July 10th 2011, 9:59am

Absolutely