You are not logged in.

tt8377

Thursday, July 21st 2011, 11:04am

multiple zones operating at same time

Hi,
I have a hunter system. when using electric controls multiple zones come on when 1 zone is chosen. i tried each zone manually by hand to turn on and off and the correct zones came on without additional zones. Any thoughts are appreciated. Thanks

TT

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Thursday, July 21st 2011, 2:20pm

See if you can't program a delay between zones.

tt8377

Friday, July 22nd 2011, 1:00pm

K, tested solenoid (it worked). i flushed out valve ( nothing looked to be obstructing ). i reset computer and tried to run zone #3 and zone #4&5 came on as well. i only tested zone #3 s solenoid and flushed#3 valve diaphram. I thought that if there was any problem it would solve it @ zone #3. Because when i run zone #4 solo, zone #3 still comes on. This is confusing. sorry

tt

Mitchgo

Supreme Member

Friday, July 22nd 2011, 1:27pm

Sounds like a wiring issue.

The wires of these zones are tied together either at the controller or on the field- allowing them all to turn on at once

tt8377

Friday, July 22nd 2011, 2:21pm

mitch,
unfortunately, i think you are right. im not much of an electrician. i looked in the box in the yard and the wires are pretty neatly attached. and the box is very neat. but after checking solenoids, cleaning valves and diaphrams, its still same result. i can get the individual zones to work properly when i twist the solenoids by hand. but not via the computer. thanks for everyones help. i will try and troubleshoot wiring issues.

tt

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Friday, July 22nd 2011, 6:27pm

Go back to the controller and make a diagram of what wire is attached to what terminal. then detach one of the zone wires, and see if that zone still comes on.

tt8377

Thursday, July 28th 2011, 4:12pm

Boots

I disconnected zone 3 and 4 one at a time and they both did not come on when engaged.

TT

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Thursday, July 28th 2011, 5:23pm

If a disconnected zone never comes on, no matter what zone you operate, then you suspect the controller, if those same zones were randomly operating before, when they were still connected to the controller.

Again, try to program a time delay between zones.

Rate this thread