You are not logged in.

jpwdw

Thursday, July 28th 2011, 6:41pm

Projection screen nozzle/sprinkler

Hello folks, I am new here, but I have a serious problem and don't know what kind of sprinkler or nozzle to use to create a mist/water or fog screen to project images and video. I found several videos in youtube to what I need to create and I leave you all the links to see if you can help me create this handmade mist screen. Thanks!

Videos:

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Thursday, July 28th 2011, 8:21pm

Water fog is best created by aerosol methods, using both water and pressurized air.

jpwdw

Thursday, July 28th 2011, 8:34pm

Great!, do you know any model or nozzle that could do that job?

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Thursday, July 28th 2011, 9:19pm

sorry, but aerosols are out of my area of expertise ~ I researched various water-only fogging nozzles for a special industrial application, and from the literature, I could see that aerosols could produce a finer mist by far.

Also, read this page, and see that this idea has additional complexities, with the screen being a "laminar flow" of mist, created by ultrasonics.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Wet_Boots" (Jul 28th 2011, 9:31pm)

jpwdw

Thursday, July 28th 2011, 10:08pm

Thanks! I read the webpage. It seems that that mechanisms creates a screen that goes from up to down when the fog lays down. What I need to produce is a system that goes from down to up. In the first video I posted, the person who handmade created the screen wrote down the materials, these are:

3/4 pipe and proper fittings to cap one end and connect the other to a valve
pvc blue hot glue
valve (sprinkler preferred)
pvc pipe cutters
a transformer that puts out 12v to turn the valve off and on

I am a newbie when talking technical terms such as valve and the electronic system, could you please explain me what does he means by "valve (sprinkler preferred) and a transformer that puts out 12v to turn the valve off and on" ? Perhaps an image? Thanks!

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Friday, July 29th 2011, 10:17am

Champion makes a brass spray nozzle that throws water straight up in a fan, to water strip areas. Get one or more of those for a cheapo version of a water screen.

Rate this thread