You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

veidtmeister

Friday, July 29th 2011, 9:07am

valve replacement

I have a system what was installed in 1993, and a couple of the valves are giving me headaches, so Im probably going to replace them this coming week. The old systme used PGA100 Rainbird valves, w/ flow control.

Looking at the big box supply stores, all they seem to offer is the Rainbird CP-100.

I could drive further and look around and probably pickup PGA-100's, but is it really worth it? Would you replace w/ what you already have, replace w/ a different rainbird, or just pickup the cheapo CP-100s and throw em in, cuz theyre easy to find...

Oh, yeah, I live in Texas, and we have a lot of water restrictions during the summer....should that calculate into my choice of valves, and if so, what do y'all recommend?

Mitchgo

Supreme Member

Friday, July 29th 2011, 9:52am

TheRain Bird PGA valve is a solid valve- keep them.. Also you can just gut swap them

mike1059

Friday, July 29th 2011, 8:40pm

pga100

Mitchgo is right. It's better to get the same valves and replace the guts and top.

Mitchgo

Supreme Member

Friday, July 29th 2011, 8:49pm

unless it was a toro! :D

Rate this thread