You are not logged in.

homeowner in cave creek

Unregistered

Saturday, August 6th 2011, 10:31pm

Rain Bird area B will not turn off?

I have a rain bird system with two zones. I replaced the diaphragm and the solenoid on zone B and when I open the valve the sprinklers do not turn off with the main control box. Zone A works fine and turns off and on from the timer and control box. I had just replaced the timer box within the past year and it worked fine at that time when I tested everything. This is a rental and when I found that the valve for zone B was turned off with a portable handle on the top of the solenoid; I proceeded to replace the solenoid and diaphragm and it still does not turn off. I ended up tightening up the solenoid valve again. Also, when it is on, the valve box fills with water. Any suggestions as to what I need to do next. (zone A is for the drip system and zone B is for the sprinklers out back) I appreciate any help. Thank you in advance. :)

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Sunday, August 7th 2011, 12:24pm

there is no such thing as zone A or zone B

Sunday, August 7th 2011, 5:45pm

Rain Bird area B will not turn off?

I had replaced the original timer with another that separated the zones into A & B rather than 1 & 2. So I only have 2 zones. The second zone will not turn off and the other zone will. I have replaced the diaphagm and solenoid, thinking that the diaphagm or solenoid could be faulty. Any suggestions?

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Sunday, August 7th 2011, 6:09pm

Read your owners manual again - zones have numbers, and programs have letters

Rate this thread