You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Joseph L. Swinehart

Monday, November 3rd 2003, 4:12pm

I do agree with telescoping and I think they did that.

My main question is how much will I gain by increasing the backflow up too 1 1/4" from 1"?

The pipe is 1 1/4" coming out the 1" backflow but I need all the pressure I can get.

Thanks.

Rays Sprinklers

Supreme Member

Tuesday, November 4th 2003, 5:39am

Umm....i cant believe that much will come out....mb 5 more PSI or 1 more GPM of course you'll get something but not enough for a major breakthrough....you might have to split the sprinkler zone if you dont have enough pressure to run it. Is this the only zone that does this?
Thanks
Ray
Rays Above and Beyond Automatic Lawn Sprinklers

DIYer

Saturday, November 15th 2003, 11:25am

Is your main line 1 1/4"? If so, it may be worth installing a 1 1/4" PVB. and replacing your main line with 1 1/4" PVC if its currently 1". You can buy a 1 1/4" PVB here at Sprinklerwarehouse. They have a 30 day no questions asked return policy.

You will loose pressure with distance and every 90 degree turn.

My inside plumbing and well is 1 1/4" and 1.5hp. The pipe from my house to the PVB is 1 1/4" my Febco PVB is 1 1/4" and my main line (schedule 40 PVC) is 1 1/4" to the valve box (~ 50' - 75' from PVB). I have eight zones all well over 100' (fartherst ~200') using 1" poly throughout. I average 55 PSI for about 10 - 15 minutes before my pump cycles (at 60 PSI).

My pressure has been great! In fact, I had to increase the nozzle size on my I20 heads and wire my "8 head" zones toghether resulting in 16 heads per zone (totaling 8 zones).

Rays Sprinklers

Supreme Member

Saturday, November 15th 2003, 12:48pm

[:D]
Thanks
Ray
Rays Above and Beyond Automatic Lawn Sprinklers

Rate this thread