You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

littlemanschulz

Starting Member

Sunday, October 26th 2003, 1:17pm

thumping noise

when a certain zone is on, the sprinkler heads bob up and down without working. there is a small amount of water coming out, but it is not spraying...just a steady stream out of the head. also there is a thumping noice under ground in the pipes at about every 5 seconds. what is my problem? Thank You

Rays Sprinklers

Supreme Member

Friday, October 31st 2003, 12:24pm

Thats called water hammer? What is your pressure? That occurs whent he pressure is high, and the valve is quickly opening and closing..it may be a valve failure. Open the valve box and turn the zone on and see what happens
Thanks
Ray
Rays Above and Beyond Automatic Lawn Sprinklers

Friday, January 16th 2004, 7:07am

I have the same problem...i have tried to turn the valve on manually however I still only have a stream of water come out and the same thumping...what should i do???

SprinklerGuy

Supreme Member

Tuesday, January 20th 2004, 2:31am

More than likely bad diapragm in the valve in question. go buy a valve just like the one you have and replace the guts and top and solenoid of your valve with the new parts. This should help.
Sprinkler Solutions, Inc.
Arizona and Colorado
www.sprinklersolutions.net

Rate this thread