You are not logged in.

RVLI

Supreme Member

Wednesday, November 5th 2003, 11:13am

Ok, so your saying to use like a 5-6 foot nozzle in the middle, or nothing at all?

pfinger1

Wednesday, November 5th 2003, 12:01pm

I came up with 2 possible solutions...the first one was to use Toro side strips...those friggin things are too unpredictable for me with the low angle nozzle and they spurt like pigeon with a diarrhea....the other solution was to use 15' adjustables on the corners....that's what I did and I am getting good coverage.....this design work is so tricky...there are always so many decent solutions....I've tried just about every product Home Depot sells to learn how the stuff works...I've ****ed up every possible thing you can and, unfortunately, that seems to be the best way to learn this kinda stuff...

There are so many fancy (bull****) products out there...that Toro multi-stream sprinkler is the most beautiful sprayer but ain't worth a ****......The simple products seem to be the best....I've used those cheaper K-Rain rotors and they kick ass.....

drpete3

Supreme Member

Thursday, November 6th 2003, 4:15am

Ditto on the K rain rotor
Thanks,

Pete

HooKooDooKu

Supreme Member

Monday, February 23rd 2004, 9:06am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">This means that: In 30 minutes of watering you will put down 1/4 inch of water on the majority of your lawn...and the small 13x13 area will get about .75 inch of water...3 times as much. And, if you do what RVLI tells you, it will be a friggin flood zone with all those heads...<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

One way to alleviate this situation is to install a valve between the two systems. That way, you could have the main valve on for the 30 minutes to water with the rotor, but for a ten minute window during that 1/2 hour you turn on the valve so that both are getting watered.

Sunday, February 29th 2004, 8:50am

Or you could have added a PGM......a smaller sized rotor shoots about 15-25' and works with regular rotors!
Thanks

Tom

Supreme Member

Monday, March 1st 2004, 4:00am

13 x 13 area?

I'd go with 15' quarter nozzles on 1804prs heads in each corner on a separate flow control valve.

1. I use the prs heads so the pressure is regulated to 30 psi for each head. I actually use these heads as a standard practice on all my systems.
2. The flow control valve will allow you to adjust the flow downward on this zone, although you must be careful with this since this zone is only requiring 4 gpm or less. This may not even be necessary if you follow step 3 below.
3. By using the 15' quarter nozzles you'll have some overspray, but you can adjust the radius down with the screw on top of each nozzle. And since your using the prs heads this "adjustment" should stay fairly consistent.

bigharold58

Monday, November 1st 2004, 3:13am

When I bought my house, I went out and bought K-rain K-2 rotors for my front yard. I was pretty satisfied with the results I was getting. However, I began listen to others and reading others' forums and based on name, switched to Rainbird 5004's and now to Hunter PGP's. The result - wasted money following a name! I never really had a problem (other than my own error) out of my K-rain's. The distance of throw and the "around the head" coverage is just as good and maybe better than the Hunters and Rainbirds. I should have stuck with them from the beginning and saved my money. Pfinger1 hit it dead on the head; the K-rain rotors kick but!
Harold L. Williams

Rate this thread