You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

wsommariva

Supreme Member

Friday, December 23rd 2011, 1:41pm

Hunter PGV valves and sch 80?

Hi everyone,

Just got my valves. Instructions say to use sch 80 fittings. Really necessary? Hard to find.

Mitchgo

Supreme Member

Friday, December 23rd 2011, 4:46pm

Is it necessary? Not really, schedule 40 is adequate. Doesn't hurt to have a beefier connection though. Just remember threaded connections are tapered so don't over tighten the fittings

wsommariva

Supreme Member

Friday, December 23rd 2011, 5:02pm

Great, I'll use sch 40. Thank you.

Tightening, always trouble for me. In my last system I didn't tighten one valve enough. Had to cut pvc to tighten.

This time around I'll tighten more.

mrfixit

Friday, December 23rd 2011, 9:51pm

I feel like this is a dumb question because you seem to be on top of things. But you are using teflon tape aren't you?

I see it all the time where people don't use teflon tape and they call me because their brand new valve is leaking.

Try using a little more tape this time around if you've had problems with leaks in the past. Also tighten it a bit more.

I use between 2 and 7 wraps of tape on valves. Depends.

wsommariva

Supreme Member

Saturday, December 24th 2011, 7:08am

Yes I use teflon tape - 7 turns. I also tighten much tighter than I used to.

Rate this thread