You are not logged in.

howserss

Tuesday, December 27th 2011, 9:12pm

Controller hookup with pressure switch

I have a pressure switch on my pump (1.5 HP Sta Rite) and I have 230V hookup to the pump. When I turn on the water at the hand valve the pump comes on. I want to have a controller installed. WIll the controller just need to be wired to the manifold valves and not to the pump at all. If a valve is opened then the pump should come on correct?

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Wednesday, December 28th 2011, 1:12pm

a pressure switch is intended to work in conjunction with a pressure tank (and a relief valve) to make a self-contained water supply - no controller connection is involved

howserss

Wednesday, December 28th 2011, 7:52pm

So that means just hook up the valves to the controller and the pump will turn on automagically when a valve is opened, correct?

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Thursday, December 29th 2011, 8:57am

You still want a pressure tank. Sprinkler valves can shut off a lot faster than you can close a faucet, and the resultant hammer could be trouble, for which the tank is a sure cure.

howserss

Thursday, December 29th 2011, 5:26pm

It has a pressure tank on top of the pump will that be enough.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Thursday, December 29th 2011, 6:12pm

Yep, it's enough

howserss

Friday, December 30th 2011, 8:35pm

Sorry to be such a pain I just needed to make sure. This is the first time I have worked with a pump or sprinkler system.

Well it seems like I have a good system I had the pump installed in 2008 with a 12 point well. Now I will finally get the sprinkler system installed.

Rate this thread