You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

howserss

Tuesday, December 27th 2011, 9:12pm

Controller hookup with pressure switch

I have a pressure switch on my pump (1.5 HP Sta Rite) and I have 230V hookup to the pump. When I turn on the water at the hand valve the pump comes on. I want to have a controller installed. WIll the controller just need to be wired to the manifold valves and not to the pump at all. If a valve is opened then the pump should come on correct?

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Wednesday, December 28th 2011, 1:12pm

a pressure switch is intended to work in conjunction with a pressure tank (and a relief valve) to make a self-contained water supply - no controller connection is involved

howserss

Wednesday, December 28th 2011, 7:52pm

So that means just hook up the valves to the controller and the pump will turn on automagically when a valve is opened, correct?

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Thursday, December 29th 2011, 8:57am

You still want a pressure tank. Sprinkler valves can shut off a lot faster than you can close a faucet, and the resultant hammer could be trouble, for which the tank is a sure cure.

howserss

Thursday, December 29th 2011, 5:26pm

It has a pressure tank on top of the pump will that be enough.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Thursday, December 29th 2011, 6:12pm

Yep, it's enough

howserss

Friday, December 30th 2011, 8:35pm

Sorry to be such a pain I just needed to make sure. This is the first time I have worked with a pump or sprinkler system.

Well it seems like I have a good system I had the pump installed in 2008 with a 12 point well. Now I will finally get the sprinkler system installed.

Rate this thread