You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

hellp

Unregistered

Sunday, January 22nd 2012, 9:12am

pump cycling, no water output

My 1 hp irrigation pump was cycling on what looked like low pressure (about 30 pounds) with breaker at pump sparking. I replaced burnt out brker. Pressure immediately came up to appx 50 pounds. I ran all cycles w/no problems. Days later, with cycles off and pump plugged in, pump was cycling again, pressure low and breaker sparking. I unplugged it. No leaks found in yard. Pump and motor is approx 3.5 yrs old.

Suggestions what to do next to pinpoint problem? hellp

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Monday, January 23rd 2012, 10:18am

How is pump operation currently controlled?

hellp

Unregistered

Monday, January 23rd 2012, 10:58am

pump cycling, no water output

Pump is controlled by ESP 8SI RAINBIRD. ZONES preset and timed or I just use manual start. Pressure currently at 32 and motor unplugged.

hellp

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Monday, January 23rd 2012, 6:58pm

Booster pump? Or is this a well? It obviously seems you are several components short of a stable setup.