You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Unregistered

Friday, February 24th 2012, 2:31pm

Zone indexing valve issues.... I think.

Ok so I recently bought a house and have been troubleshooting and repairing issues as I locate them. So far I have been doing well but now I dont know what to do to fix the newest problem.

I am running a well point system in east central Florida. I have a brand new irrigation well pump, and a 6 zone indexing valve. Unfortunately I don't know what brand or model as it looks old and all the writing on it has worn off. I do know however that the indexing valve is not gear driven it uses a pressure plate. The problem I am having is the system seems to work fine on 3 of the zones, however when it switches zones the pumps gets noisy and sounds like its struggling to feed the zones. Then it appears to index through the faulty zones and then stops on one of the zones that work fine.

On occasion one or two of the faulty zones will attempt to work. The water will start to flow out of the heads, but also pushes a lot of air out of that zone. Then the pressure drops and the valve moves on to the next zone. However the last of the faulty zones simply will not run, but I can not seem to find a leak in that zone when I use the hose to flow water through the zones supply pipe.

I can only figure that it's an indexing valve issue, but what do I know :D .

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
-George.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Saturday, February 25th 2012, 3:20pm

What is the controller? In the most general analysis, the pump should not even be operating when the indexing valve moves from zone to zone, because the pump would be off for about five minutes or so, and during this time, the action of a spring and a cam provides the valve's indexing.

Rate this thread