You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Thursday, April 19th 2012, 2:13pm

Using Snap Tee's

Does anyone have any experience using a PVC snap tee to connect into an existing lateral line? I need to create another zone and using a snap tee sure seems easier than installing a regular tee. Just curious about the durabililty of a snap tee.

wsommariva

Supreme Member

Friday, April 20th 2012, 9:30am

I'd also like to know about using them for PE.

mrfixit

Friday, April 20th 2012, 3:05pm

I'm not sure how you're going to create another zone by tapping into a lateral line. Mainline yes.
With that said, I have zero experience with a snap tee. They just look sketchy to me so I've never used one.
I definetly would never use one on a mainline. You'd probaby get away with it on a lateral.

Friday, April 20th 2012, 9:26pm

I meant to say extend a zone versus add a new one. Sorry!

Monday, April 23rd 2012, 8:41am

MrGrumpy,
Since we sell them I should tell you they work perfectly.
Truth is, don't know. We do sell plenty but I've never found someone who has used one.
I've done it here but that's at a desk/controlled conditions.
Solid as it can be though.

Looking for you to be our first report!

Thursday, April 26th 2012, 1:13pm

Gator,

I don't know if i want to be the guinea pig or not, I'm still debating on what to do. My gut is telling me to use a regular tee fitting.

Thx

Thursday, April 26th 2012, 3:25pm

Never, ever ignore a gut feeling.

teamo

Tuesday, May 29th 2012, 6:21pm

I would not use a snap tee. Dig out a large enough area to work with and do it right with a regular tee. You'll never regret doing it right the first time.

kevreh

Tuesday, July 10th 2012, 1:44pm

I'm still learning so I apologize if this has been addressed before. If pvc is installed using a vibratory trencher, then the pipe is in place with earth on top of it. How would it be possible to cut the pvc, spread the pipe a couple inches to make room for the 't' since the pipe is in the ground???

Tuesday, July 10th 2012, 3:11pm

It starts with a shovel and lots of digging.
If your pipe is flexible enough, and the soil gives enough, and you dig back far enough each way, you can cut out a small section and with great effort flex the pipe into the tee.
If not you can use something like Pipe Fix or Kwik Repair.
Like many things in this industry, it starts and ends with the shovel.