You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

RAINBIRD ez1

Unregistered

Sunday, April 29th 2012, 8:30pm

Sprinklers will not shut off

Since we have not been getting much rain, I decided to make sure my Rainbird EZ1 was working so I could water my grass. I have 6 stations, three valves located in the front yard and 3 in the back yard. After turning on the sprinkler system, stations 1, 2, and 3 (in one box )in the front yard all worked. I then went to check the back yard and station 4, 5, and 6 did not work. I turned the solonoids and I could not get them to come on. I then twisted the bleeder screws on them and they all came on. The major problem I have know is that the water will not turn off on station 5. The only way I can get it to turn off is to shut off the water source. Now I can't get any of the stations to turn on because 5 will not turn off.
How do I get 5 to manually shut off?
Do I need to replace a valve or a solonoid to get the three valve in the backyard to automatically turn on with the system or is there something else that I need to look at? How do I know which valve or soloind to replace with there being 3 of them in the same box.
Thank you in advance

Monday, April 30th 2012, 11:04am

Before you replace anything take the valves apart and clean the internal parts.
Make sure there is no trash in the system.
Re-assemble and test.
These are simple to take apart. A sample part drawing is HERE

wsommariva

Supreme Member

Monday, April 30th 2012, 2:05pm

If 4, 5 and 6 do not work, maybe it's the wiring. Check common wire first.

Rate this thread